Durable, efficient, high-torque 3-cylinder diesel engine provides adequate power
Power is provided by a durable and efficient high-torque three-cylinder Yanmar® TNV Series diesel engine.
This series of engines was developed to meet Tier 4 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) environmental requirements by featuring low levels of both exhaust and emissions.
Gross engine power
Power take-off (PTO) power
18 kW (24.2 hp)
12.8 kW (17.2 hp)
Yanmar TNV Series engine offers these features:
- Economical for good cooling and long life
- Isolated engine provides reduced vibration and noise for the operator; indirect fuel injection uses a precombustion chamber to give the engine a smooth and quiet operation; aluminum-alloy piston with built-in steel struts are lightweight to reduce connection rod bearing loads and provide good heat transfer characteristics
- Design permits tighter tolerances and neutralizes expansion of the piston, thereby reducing blow-by gas and less noise from the piston slap
- Higher top rings on the piston and a thinner head gasket greatly reduces the volume of unburned waste gases and increases combustion efficiency
- Timing-gear teeth have a designed roll-off profile giving almost no clash, no noise, and no backlash
- High-torque reserve provides plenty of power under heavy load, yet retains excellent fuel economy
- Easy access to engine check and fill points on the right-hand side of the tractor by removing the side panels
- Fuel filter with replaceable element
- Full-pressure lubrication system provides filtered oil under pressure to all vital engine parts
- Glow plugs provide quick starts in temperatures down to -18°C (0°F) (Optional engine coolant heater attachment will assist starting under more extreme conditions.)
- Auto-bleed fuel system means there is no special bleeding required if the tractor runs out of fuel; this system will self-prime the injection pump, lines, and injectors, providing fast fuel recovery
- Key start and shut off eliminates fuel shut-off knob
- Electric solenoid shuts fuel supply off immediately when key is turned off
- See-through coolant recovery tank permits operator to check coolant level without removing radiator cap
- Dry-type air cleaner with safety element keeps dirt and other contaminants out of the engine
- Safety element (second filter) will protect engine if primary filter would develop a leak
- Protects engine when servicing primary filter
- Air filter restriction indicator is standard equipment on the 2025R Tractor
- Sealed-radiator compartment keeps trash and debris on outside of hood
- Horizontal exhaust discharges fumes away from the operator station, reducing noise and improving operator visibility and comfort
Yanmar is a trademark of Yanmar Company Limited.
Easy-to-use hydrostatic transmission (HST) increases efficiency
The 2R Series are equipped with a two-range hydrostatic transmission (HST) incorporated in a die-cast aluminum transmission case. Fluid under pressure transmits engine power to the drive wheels via a closed-loop pump and motor arrangement. Infinite ground speeds allow the operator to match the speed of the tractor to the job.
- No clutching for fast and easy direction changes
- Twin Touch™ foot pedals for quick and easy forward/reverse operation
- Transmission oil cooler cools transmission oil for longer transmission life
Safety features of the HST include:
- The tractor will only start with the range lever in neutral
- If the range lever is in gear when the key is turned to the start position, the instrument panel instructs the operator to shift to neutral
- The engine will shut off if the operator leaves the seat and the forward/reverse pedals are depressed
Transmission has two speeds – hi and lo range.
- The range lever is located next to the seat, conveniently within reach of the operator
- All tasks can be performed using two ranges on the 2025R which means less shifting throughout the day
Durability features include:
- Large forged one-piece trunnion shaft with larger support bearings that reduce vibration and noise
- Innovative transaxle combines an HST, gear reduction axle, and clutch
- Pressure side filtration allows the use of a fine-mesh filter
- One pump to supply charge pressure and implement A flow divider splits the flow to various circuits throughout the tractor.
- The transaxle has an oil cooler which provides improved hydraulic cooling performance
Fast and easy implement changeover offers versatility
- Front Quik-Tatch™ hitch makes changing front implements quick and easy
- All front implements (blades, brooms, and snow blowers) use a common hitch
- AutoConnect™ Mid-Mount Mower Deck, 120R Loader, and 260B Backhoe can be taken on or off within 5 minutes, and no tools are required
- Changing rear implements is a snap with the iMatch™ Quick-Hitch, which has three fixed points to back in and pick up a rear implement that is iMatch compatible
Implement compounding improves efficiency
- Loader, mid-mower, and a variety of rear hitch implements can be attached to the tractor at the same time
- Optional premium independent mid lift system operates independent of the rear 3-point hitch. This gives the operator the flexibility to leave the mid mower attached when completing other tasks.
Superb serviceability improves productivity
Regular service and maintenance are essential to the performance, productivity, and longevity of the tractor.
- Two quarter-turn fasteners allow operators to easily remove the engine side panels without tools to access to the engine compartment.
- The under-hood gas-lift support provides easy access to the engine compartment and eliminates the need for a mechanical prop rod.
- External hood latch requires no tools and can release using the tractor key.
- Easy access to regular service points minimizes service time.
- Daily service checks, such as checking the engine oil or water separator, can be done without opening the hood or removing the tractor side panels.
- Tractors are equipped with a mechanical air filter restriction indicator that alerts the operator when the air filter needs to be cleaned or changed.
- All external engine, fuel, and transmission filters are easily accessible.
- Fuel tank is located on the rear of the tractor to allow for easy access when fueling.
NOTE: Always refer to the operator’s manual for complete maintenance and service recommendations.
Optional cab offers protection from elements
The Mauser cab offers protection from the elements and expands the versatility of 2025R Tractors to perform in all climates.
- Full glass doors for maximum visibility
- Curved glass for a styled look
- Sealed for cold weather operation
- Easily removable for summer operation
- Heater with fan
- Switches and vents integrated into headliner
- Dome light
- Fully openable front and rear windows with gas struts
- Front sun visor
- Front work lights
- Front wiper with washer system
- Dual outside mirrors
- Rollover protective structure (ROPS) certified cab frame
- Allows for improved rear visibility
- Reduces overall height
- Rubber isolation at all mounting points
- Interior sound insulation
- Immersion-primed and powder-coated cab frame
- Provides superior corrosion resistance
- Integrated John Deere styling
- Cab height: 1495 mm (58.9 in.)
- Overall height when installed: 2040 mm (80.3 in.)
- Overall height when installed to top of beacon: 2210 mm (87 in.)
- Overall width with cab installed: same as tractor width
- Cab weight: 236 kg (520 lb)
- Rotating beacon light – BXX10310
- Rear LED work light kit – BLV11083
- Mauser cab relocation bracket – BXX10507 (used with 1025R and 2025R Tractors with Mauser cab and mechanical-self-leveling [MSL] loaders)
- Prevents interference with Mauser cab and MSL loader mast
Compatibility and installation:
- Compatible with:
- Model year 2017 and newer 2025R Tractors
- Not compatible with:
- 260B Backhoe