Lower your harvesting costs, raise your expectations
The X Series helps reduce fuel costs by 20 percent per bushel harvested. Plus, you can count on an improved grain tank sample and better residue spread, which adds up over a harvest season. With this improved design, you will be able to harvest more acres per day with improved fuel consumption.
- 20 percent better fuel efficiency per bushel harvested – Run 14 hours without stopping for fuel and enjoy fuel savings of up to 20 percent or more as measured in gallons per bushel. An updated John Deere engine, belt drive system, and ProDrive™ XL transmission make it possible. The 13.6L (830 cu-in.) John Deere PowerTech™ engine runs at 1900 rpm during harvest and is partnered with an updated driveline layout that reduces parasitic loss to improve fuel economy. The ProDrive XL transmission leverages two efficient motors to improve power transfer at typical harvesting speeds, and when moving to the next field you can travel up to 40 km/h (25 mph) to get back to harvesting.
- 36 percent larger cleaning shoe more efficiently cleans high-yielding and high-foreign-matter crops with less loss and a better grain tank sample – Conditions may change throughout the day but your grain quality won’t. The massive 7-m2 (75-sq ft) Dyna-Flo™ XL cleaning shoe delivers 36 percent more cleaning area to effectively handle thin dry crop, thick wet crop, and everything in between.
- Uniform residue spread up to 15.2 m (50 ft) with the ability to properly size residue from the cab – Size the chaff and spread it where you want it to speed decomposition and improve soil warming – a feature you’ll really appreciate next year in the spring.
More bushels per hour, more acres per day
If you ever wished you could harvest a few more acres per day, the X Series Combines is the right choice for you. More capacity – up to a 70 percent increase on the X9 1100 – means you can cover a lot more ground with improved grain quality and less grain loss.
|Crop type||S790||X9 1000||X9 1100|
|Tough wheat||100 percent||134 percent||170 percent|
|Canola||100 percent||135 percent||140 percent|
|High-moisture corn||100 percent||130 percent||150 percent|
|Soybeans||100 percent||130 percent||145 percent|
- Harvest up to 7200 bu per hour in high-yielding corn and 30 acres per hour in wheat – The X Series dual separator with 45 percent more threshing area and 80 percent more separating area than previous models improve performance in the toughest conditions.
- Reduce losses and improve grain tank quality – With 36 percent more cleaning area and 85 percent more air flow than previous models, the Dyna-Flo™ XL cleaning shoe was built to handle the increased capacity from the rotors. The industry’s largest cleaning shoe will keep loss levels low and grain quality high; you’ll really appreciate the difference in tough wheat, canola, and high-moisture corn.
All-day performance in all crops and conditions with the X9 Combine
You want the ability to be more productive early in the morning when the crop is tougher and later in the evening as the dew settles. With the X Series, no matter what condition your fields are in, it keeps performing like it’s the middle of the day. More importantly, the combine stretches the length of the harvest window, allowing you to get in the fields sooner and stay later than before, without risking a loss in productivity or grain quality.
- More productivity in the early morning and late afternoon – The feederhouse is 23 percent wider than previous models, allowing it to handle as much as 100 tons/hr of wheat or 253,721.3 L (7200 bu) per hour of high-yielding corn. Increased rotor threshing and separation area improves your ability to harvest in tough conditions. Increased cleaning shoe area improves your grain tank sample, the 23 percent wider residue system can effortlessly chop and spread residue. The result is an X9 Combine that can handle early-morning’s thick wet crop or the highest-yielding parts of your field with less plugging.
- Automated setting adjustments with Combine Advisor™ technology package – Crop conditions change dramatically throughout the day and from field to field, which means you can spend time changing combine settings or you can run an X Series Combine that makes the adjustments for you. Combine Advisor adjusts all five harvesting settings as conditions change, reducing grain loss and improving quality. It automatically compensates for changing conditions like wet straw and dewy conditions, even if you can’t see them.
- Faster crop changeover with improved rotor/fast rpm shift, lighter concaves, and no-tools-required grain tank cleanout – Spend more time harvesting and less time prepping. The rotor and fast gear shift location has moved next to the cab door entrance for quick shifting when changing to different crops. The half-width concaves are lighter, making them easier to handle and remove. Each of the six concaves weigh less than 10 kg (22 lb), and drop-down cradles make it easy to slide the concaves into position. No tools are required to clean out the grain tank, making it easier to quickly remove crop before heading to the next field.
Make long harvesting days feel shorter with the most comfortable cab available
All X9 Combines provide a quiet, comfortable ride with visibility, control, and convenience that are even better than previous John Deere cabs. Choose from three comfort and convenience packages to find a cab that fits you best.
- Leather seat with massage, heating and cooling, electronic controls, and increased swivel (up to 16 degrees, both left and right) – When you sit down in the plush leather seat, the long days and nights won’t seem so long. It’s also quiet enough to take a phone call without worry. You’ll love the convenience of five cup-holders, an accessory rail with an iPad® tablet mount, USB and power ports, and closed storage. Plus, you can easily connect your smartphone to the 16.5-cm (6.5-in.) touchscreen radio to enjoy your favorite playlist or podcast.
- Smooth out 90 percent of vertical movements with ActiveSeat™ suspension – The electric motor responds instantly to the ruts, bumps, and jolts, delivering an unbelievably comfortable ride. While you’re harvesting more acres per hour, you’ll stay refreshed and alert.
- Get unmatched visibility – The 360-degree light-emitting diode (LED) lighting package delivers twice as much illumination as previous designs. Unloading on the go during the day is easier, too. The wide 106-degree unloading auger gives you a straight line of sight to the grain cart, while cameras on the unloading auger, grain tank, and rear of combine help you see into the grain cart, grain tank, and everything behind you.
- Make in-cab adjustments with more programmable features on the CommandARM™ controls – Feederhouse tilt, header resume, machine speed, AutoTrac™ guidance, unloading, residue spread widths, and even more features are located on the CommandARM controls using logical, color-coded, and easy-to-read icons that make it a breeze to run the combine or train new operators. You can even program the functions you use most with up to 30 percent more programmable features than any other combine controller.
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Make quick, informed decisions in a combine packed with ready-to-harvest technology
Make business decisions with the integrated technologies in the X Series. The combine learns on the go to improve your harvest, reduce losses, and leave cleaner grain. You’ll collect more accurate data, improve harvest results with automation, and make more informed decisions by connecting all your machines. What’s even better, the X9 Combines do much of this automatically in the background.
- StarFire™ 6000 Integrated Receiver eliminates all setup, installation, and calibrations – The integrated design is ready to harvest with AutoTrac™ guidance in base. There is no need to verify machine and receiver measurements, as this has been done precisely for you at the factory.
- Improve grain quality and reduce losses with Combine Advisor™ technology package – Automatically adjust the combine’s harvest settings. Cameras on the clean grain and tailings elevator help you make informed decisions on the crop that is flowing up and into the grain tank.
- More-accurate, worry-free unloading on the go – The combine can unload 100 times or more every day with larger heads, so caution and safety are even more important. Machine Sync connects the grain cart to the combine, letting the combine operator adjust the speed and location of the cart, automating all tractor movement. The grain cart operator can see where all the combines are in the field, as well as which one is closest to full, prioritizing unloading and improving overall logistics.
- Send data to your home office, dealer, or trusted partners – All X9 Combines come with a 5-year subscription to JDLink™ Connect, which automatically sends yield maps and other harvest data to the Operations Center for later analysis. From your office, JDLink gives you a look at all your machines – where they are, how they’re performing, and what action you can take to improve your harvest.
- Generate, collect, and analyze all your harvest data easier than ever with John Deere Operations Center – Operations Center makes it easier than ever to view, analyze, and compare different map layers and print out reports to make next year’s harvest even more profitable. Plus, you have access to more than 100 connected software tools, and you can easily share your harvest data with your trusted partners to help you make better decisions.
John Deere Connected Support™ prevents downtime and efficiently resolves issues with revolutionary technology-based solutions
When you buy John Deere equipment, you expect reliability. You also know that problems can happen, and a product is only as good as the support behind it. That’s why John Deere equipment is prepared with technology that senses potential issues and can alert you and your dealer promptly—in the cab or anywhere you are.
John Deere Connected Support is a revolutionary change to support that leverages technology and the connectivity of JDLink™ telematics to prevent downtime and resolve problems faster. These tools decrease downtime by an average of 20 percent, enabling faster responses to unexpected problems and reducing technician trips to your machine. For some issues, unplanned downtime can even be prevented altogether through prediction of the issue.
With your permission, John Deere Connected Support:
- Keeps you running by monitoring machine health and promptly alerting you and your dealer of issues
- Saves time by remotely viewing in-cab displays, reducing trips to the machine
- Reduces or even eliminates technician trips to a machine through remote diagnostic and remote software reprogramming capabilities
- Connects experts with the information needed to respond to downtime faster and prevent it altogether
With more than a decade of experience leveraging connectivity to solve problems, no one else has the experience, tools, and knowledge to keep you running as John Deere and your John Deere dealer can. Connected Support is an in-base feature on all John Deere products with factory- or field-installed JDLink.