Experience the ultimate in comfort with the Ultimate Comfort and Convenience package
The Ultimate Comfort and Convenience package offers unsurpassed visibility, operator comfort, control placement, and ride and sound quality. Features in this package include:
- CommandARM™ console with hitch and hydraulic integrated controls
- Air conditioner and heater with automatic temperature controls
- Radio and volume controls
- Hitch control lever lock and selective control lever lock
- Tilt/telescoping steering wheel with position memory
- Auto trac resume button
- iTEC™ engagement buttons
- 21.3-cm (8.4-in.) 4200 or 26.4-cm (10.4-in.) 4600 Generation 4 CommandCenter™ Display
- Digital cornerpost display with:
- Fuel level gauge, including low fuel warning
- Temperature gauge
- Diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) gauge, including low DEF warning
- Engine rpm
- Transmission commanded gear or wheel speed
- Vehicle system functions, such as iTEC system, that are operating
- Monitor mounts on right-hand front post and rear cab post
- Storage compartment underneath the instructor seat
- Left-hand ceiling storage compartment
- Refrigerator located on the left side behind the instructor seat
- Beverage holders sized to accommodate various containers
- Passive noise reduction system
- Premium sound system, including touchscreen radio, smartphone interface, AM/FM/WX, aux and Bluetooth® with voice control, inputs, XM® ready, six speakers with one subwoofer, and business band ready
- Three 12-V convenience outlets (cigarette lighter style)
- Six 12-V three-pin outlets with adapter (provides switched and unswitched power)
- Four charging USB ports
- 120-V AC power outlet
- One International Organization for Standardization (ISO) nine-pin connector
- Service ADVISOR™ data port
- Swing-out rear window that opens 30 degrees
- Laminated glass
- Two-speed and intermittent front, rear, and right-hand side wiper with washer
- Front, left and right-hand side, and rear pull-down sunshade
- Interior dome light in the ceiling
- Map lights
For additional attachments and mounting solutions, see Cab convenience or Cab mounting solutions.
The seat improves ride quality and helps to reduce operator fatigue.
- Heat and ventilation to keep the operator at a comfortable temperature
- Adjustable bolsters
- Massage functionality
- Electronic controls to adjust to operator preference
- Pneumatic lumbar adjustment
- Seat height adjustments conveniently located below the left armrest
- Fore-aft adjustment is easy to reach, located below the left armrest
- Cushion length adjustment to get the perfect fit
- Swivel adjustment, located on the front of the seat, allows the seat to be swiveled 40 degrees to the right or 25 degrees to the left of the center position with a pivoting CommandARM console
- Seat can be configured with air seat suspension, ActiveSeat™ II suspension or air seat plus cab suspension
- Operator presence switch warns if the operator is out of the seat while operating key functions
- Seat belt retractor
- Centered cab seat provides excellent over-shoulder visibility
- Adjustable shock absorber permits ride adjustment from soft to firm to match the operator’s desired comfort level
- Removable cushions allow for easy cleaning
- Folding instructional seat
Bluetooth is a trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. XM is a trademark of Sirius XM Radio, Inc.
Get 360 degrees of coverage for maximum productivity with visibility packages
Visibility is one of the most important attributes of the cab. While lighting is a large portion of that, features like windshield wipers, mirrors, sunshades, and cameras are also important to overall visibility. For this reason, John Deere offers three visibility packages on 7 and 8 Family Tractors:
The lighting configurations are available to match various applications and ensure maximum around-the-clock productivity.
Light housings are large, allowing for optimum total lumens and available light. The Select Visibility package uses 65-W halogen bulbs, whereas the Premium and Ultimate Visibility packages use light-emitting diode (LED) lights. The Premium and Ultimate Visibility packages replace Select Visibility package’s halogen lights with LED lights. The only lights that are not LED are the low-beam driving lights; they remain halogen. This allows each LED light to work at a lower temperature and no one light works harder than any other. The uniformity in LED coverage allows only one type of light output surrounding the tractor.
The lighting pattern in the Ultimate Visibility package provides industry-leading performance in nighttime visibility. LED lights provide maximum brightness and a true color output for excellent field definition that is easy on the operator’s eyes.
The LED lights provide 40 percent greater coverage width and 10 percent more light coverage in the rear. LED lighting packages use 45 percent less amps than standard halogen lights and have an increased life expectancy over HID lights which leads to lower costs of ownership over the life of the tractor.
The low- and high-beam driving/work lights are adjustable. Please refer to the electrical section in the Operator’s Manual for complete details on adjusting lights.
NOTE: Lighting packages may vary depending on region.
Efficiency and comfort in the palm of your hand using CommandPRO™ control
The unique driving strategy is designed to deliver highest performance in combination with operator comfort making the daily work much easier and efficient.
- Pedal and joystick mode are active at the same time
- ActiveZero keeps the output speed actively at 0 km/h (0 mph) until command for acceleration is given independent of load or engine speed
- Command top and zero speed simply by one push or pull
- Unique inching control
- Three easily adjustable travel set speeds
- Two engine set speeds
- Three acceleration response settings
|Forward movement||Reverse movement|
|2||Top set speed||Zero speed|
|5||Activate set speed|
NOTE: The CommandPro control is only available on IVT transmissions.
Hydraulic pump options to meet varying flow requirements
All 8 Family Tractors come standard with an 85-cc displacement integrated hydraulic pump. This pump provides 227.1 L/min (60 gpm) of hydraulic flow.
A dual-pump option, featuring 85-cc and 35-cc displacement hydraulic pumps, is available for all 8R and 8RX Tractors. The dual-pump system provides a hydraulic flow of 318 L/min (84 gpm), ideal for running at lower engine speeds.
Operating the tractor at reduced engine rpm contributes to a quieter cab, reduced fuel usage, and maintains the vacuum while turning and raising the planter on end rows. At 1500 engine rpm with a 318-L/min (84-gpm) system, there will be an available flow of 229 L/min (61 gpm). This is an improvement over an available 162-L/min (43-gpm) flow when operating with a 227-L/min (60-gpm) system at 1500 engine rpm.
SCV flow (approximate)
|Pump flow (85-cc pump)||High pump flow (85-cc pump + 35-cc optional pump)|
|86 L/min (23 gpm)||122 L/min (32 gpm)|
|162 L/min (43 gpm)||229 L/min (61 gpm)|
|184 L/min (49 gpm)||260 L/min (69 gpm)|
|206 L/min (54 gpm)||290 L/min (77 gpm)|
|227 L/min (60 gpm)||318 L/min (84 gpm)|
The maximum flow through one selective control valve (SCV) with a standard coupler is 132 L/min (35 gpm). A 19.1-mm (3/4-in.) high-flow coupler allows for a maximum flow rate out of one SCV of 153 L/min (40.5 gpm).
The hydraulic system is a closed-center, power-on-demand system using a load-sensing pressure-flow compensated axial piston pump with full-flow charge and flow prioritization for steering and brakes.
The pump outlet pressure available on demand can range from 3000 kPa (435 psi) for track models and 4000 kPa (580 psi) for wheel models at low standby to 20,400 kPa (2958 psi) at high standby.
John Deere Connected Support™ prevents downtime and efficiently resolves issues with revolutionary technology-based solutions
When you buy John Deere equipment, you expect reliability. You also know that problems can happen, and a product is only as good as the support behind it. That’s why John Deere equipment is prepared with technology that senses potential issues and can alert you and your dealer promptly—in the cab or anywhere you are.
John Deere Connected Support is a revolutionary change to support that leverages technology and the connectivity of JDLink™ telematics to prevent downtime and resolve problems faster. These tools decrease downtime by an average of 20 percent, enabling faster responses to unexpected problems and reducing technician trips to your machine. For some issues, unplanned downtime can even be prevented altogether through prediction of the issue.
With your permission, John Deere Connected Support:
- Keeps you running by monitoring machine health and promptly alerting you and your dealer of issues
- Saves time by remotely viewing in-cab displays, reducing trips to the machine
- Reduces or even eliminates technician trips to a machine through remote diagnostic and remote software reprogramming capabilities
- Connects experts with the information needed to respond to downtime faster and prevent it altogether
With more than a decade of experience leveraging connectivity to solve problems, no one else has the experience, tools, and knowledge to keep you running as John Deere and your John Deere dealer can. Connected Support is an in-base feature on all John Deere products with factory- or field-installed JDLink.
Gain the advantages of a JDLink™ connected machine
Producer needs and their success is John Deere’s focus. As functionality becomes more accepted and even expected, that functionality moves from being optional to being included with the machine. In model year 2019, AutoTrac™ guidance and documentation was included on machines equipped with a 4600 CommandCenter™ Display. Five years of JDLink is also included with the purchase of all model year 2020 and newer machines equipped with a 4G LTE Modular Telematics Gateway (MTG). The functionality of JDLink on these machines includes everything that was previously included with JDLink Access + Remote Display Access (RDA) and JDLink Connect subscriptions. This added connectivity enables customers to more easily realize the value of a connected machine.
- Easily transfer data and collaborate with trusted advisors to plan your field work quickly. You or your employees can spend more time in the field working rather than sitting on a headland setting up the technology. With a connection between John Deere Operations Center and your machines, changes to field plans occur as needed. Those changes may include changes in varieties, application rates, or machines.
- Better enable data-driven decisions. By using the insights gathered from machines along with the tools in Operations Center (e.g., Field Analyzer, Field Analyzer Beta, and Machine Analyzer) you can understand how your fields are performing and what field plans had an impact. John Deere Operations Center gives you access to more than 100 connected software tools, so you have the ultimate choice of popular industry tools. And, if you don’t want to analyze the data yourself, you can share the data with those that help you make decisions to provide the insights you need.
- Report work completed accurately and timely for compliance and billing purposes.
- Increase machine uptime with Connected Support. Your local John Deere dealer can provide remote monitoring services and diagnostics to help keep your machines up and running, reduce your maintenance expenses through early detection of problems, and provide over-the-air software updates for displays, receivers, and controllers.
- Get quick in-field support with RDA. You can monitor your machines from your office computer or a mobile device on the go.
- Remotely manage machines and employees to give you insights into how they are performing. If machines are being underutilized or field operations are not being properly conducted, you can put plans in place to improve productivity.
- Quickly make changes to improve your harvesting operations by remotely viewing and adjusting combine settings.
To use JDLink, the following is required:
- An active JDLink subscription
- A John Deere Operations Center account to access machine and agronomic data
Take advantage of the Generation 4 CommandCenter™ display, designed for efficiency
The Generation 4 CommandCenter was designed to provide a consistent user experience by providing full screen viewing of more run page modules, shortcut keys, and precision agriculture capabilities.
Expect easier setup, along with increased operator confidence thanks to a simple, customizable interface. The improved design of the Generation 4 CommandCenter also aids in an optimal operating experience and maximizes uptime.
In order to increase your efficiency, take advantage of the following features offered by the Generation 4 CommandCenter:
- Easily create page views that meet user needs and that are also equipped with default run pages.
Language and units
Easily switch between languages with the option to set the active and alternate language. Configure the shortcut bar to include the language toggle allows different individuals to easily switch the display between languages.
Users and access
Users and access allow the owner or manager to lock out certain functions to prevent operators from accessing or changing settings. Lock-out functions are managed with a defined pin for the administrator.
The Generation 4 CommandCenter can be set to one of two profiles, administrator or operator. The administrator profile is always set to the full access group. This group allows unlimited access to all the features and can lock and unlock features in the operator profile.
- The Machine Monitor application provides you instantaneous readings about the status or condition of your machine.
- This application shows parameters such as engine speed, coolant temperature, and ground speed.
- The Work Monitor application displays performance information about the task being performed by the machine.
- You are shown averages, totals, and productivity of the machine, such as area worked, average working speed, and fuel usage.
- Work set up places the settings needed to properly setup features such as AutoTrac™ guidance, Documentation, and Section Control in a single location. Settings include:
- Client, farm, and field
- Crop type
- Machine and implement dimensions
- Variety/hybrid and planting/seeding rates
- Variable rate prescriptions
- Product and application rates
- Application rates through the implement screens
The video application on 4600 CommandCenter and 4640 Universal Display has been redesigned to improve user interface and prepare for future enhancements. Features include the ability to name and configure cameras for viewing and scanning.
- Machines equipped with a 4200 CommandCenter are equipped with one video input, and the 4600 CommandCenter has four video inputs.
- You can set a variety of triggers. With each trigger, the image appears on the display.
- Mark areas in the field that need special attention such as rocks, tile lines, or weed pressure.
- Flags previously recorded on the Gen 4 or GreenStar™ 3 2630 Display can be transferred between monitors.
- Flags previously recorded on the Gen 4 or GreenStar™ 3 2630 Display can be transferred between monitors.
- Manually drive field boundaries with the Generation 4 CommandCenter or import existing boundary information from the GreenStar 3 2630 Display or John Deere Operations Center. Gen 4 documentation data can be used to create boundaries from coverage within the John Deere Operations Center.
Automatic base station switching
- Procuers using John Deere RTK Radio 450 or 900 can link a base station to a desired client, farm, or field. This allows automatic switching to the associated base station when changing fields. The ability to import base station assignments into Operations Center and send back to machines will be available at a later date.
- Generation 4 CommandCenter may be configured to run with the following John Deere displays connected at the cornerpost of a John Deere tractor:
- GreenStar 2 1800 Display
- GreenStar 2 2600 Display
- GreenStar 3 2630 Display
- 4640 Universal Display
- 4240 Universal Display
NOTE: Vehicle applications will always be located on the Gen 4 CommandCenter.
Simple turnkey experience with the StarFire™ 6000 Integrated Receiver
The John Deere StarFire™ 6000 Integrated Receiver is the new standard in John Deere Precision Ag technology. The integrated design further enhances the value that you have come to expect from StarFire products.
The StarFire 6000 Integrated Receiver eliminates all setup, installation, and calibrations. There is no need to verify machine and receiver measurements, as this has been done precisely for you at the factory. You will spend 60 minutes less per receiver move each season, which gives you more time to focus on other parts of your operation.
With updated Ethernet connectivity, software updates are easier and faster. StarFire 6000 Integrated Receiver maintains the speed to update software in under 4 minutes while remaining in the cab. Over-the-air updates are 85 percent faster with the StarFire 6000 Integrated Receiver because of Ethernet connectivity.